- Height : 44 cms
- Width: 28 cms
- Depth: 23 cms
- Materials : Indian granite stone hand crafted in India
- Vasumadhi Kanni is one among the seven deties called Saptha Kanniar (Seven Virgins).
- They are the seven virgin mothers who protect the family, the village and town. They are the Kula Theivams or Gods of Family, angels of the main Goddess Shakti /Parvati.
- These idols are found in all village and town Hindu temples, usually in the back yard of the main deity.
- They are also found as the main deities in some rural temples. In some places they are formless as just plain seven stones. They protect families and villages from diseases, floods, drought and other calamities. They bring prosperity to people. They are woshipped by people of Tamil nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh in India. It is believed that those who are unable to offer prayers to their Kula Theivam (Family God) can offer prayers to the Saptha Kanniar instead